There are quotes that can make your day better. They can change your attitude for the rest of the day. [Read more…]
Here are some fun facts about random but interesting stuff, Enjoy!
- You can’t kill yourself by holding your breath
- Your heart beats around 100,000 times a day!
- A cockroach can live several weeks with its head cut off!
- Human thigh bones are stronger than concrete.
- Right handed people live, on average, nine years longer than left-handed people
1. “You know you’re in love when you can’t fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.” [Read more…]
An American man was in a five star Vietnamesse hotel in 2009. He was playing a slot machine and won a jackpot worth $55 million US. However, the casino refused to make the payment claiming that the prize was awarded due to a malfunction. Further, the maximum amount that the slot machine was supposed to payout was a far cry from $55 million at $46 thousand.
The American immediately took pictures of the machine and asked other gamblers present at the time to sign statements saying they had witnessed his win. He then took the casino to court.
In 2013, the courts found that the man should be allowed to collect his winnings. This came at much chagrin to the casino as the payout was more than one thousand times higher than the maximum amount that the machine was supposed to payout.
The court rejected the firm’s argument as it had failed to show evidence of the fault in the machine. Of course, the company representatives said they plan to appeal the ruling.
I’m not advocating hitting up Jackpot city, but $55 million is a tidy little sum!
You can check out more about the story at channelnewsasia.com