The Human body is such an amazing and complex machine that most of us don’t even know a small fraction of what goes on with it. It is so complex that scientists have been exploring it for centuries and we still don’t know a lot of what goes on in it. However we do know some amazing stuff.
Here are 10 fun facts that I found:
- Our stomach is so amazing that can take without any trouble acids that are strong enough to melt zinc.
- Contrary to what most of us think the appendix actually works. It is a place for good bacteria in your digestive system to reproduce
- Human bones are actually made of an incredibly hard material. They are 4 times stronger than concrete.
- Our blood is on a 60,000-mile journey.
- You shrink during the day because of gravity. You are tallest right after you get out of bed.
- You have no sense of smell when you are sleeping.
- If all of the blood vessels of a person were lined up they would create a full circle around the globe.
- Humans are the only mammals that can’t breathe and swallow at the same time.
- When you blush your stomach does too.
- You will shed about 40lb of skin in a lifetime.